ACADEMY MANAGER POSITION
Lisburn Distillery are seeking to appoint an Academy Manager to oversee the continuing development of our successful youth academy which currently comprises of over 150 boys, girls and SEN players ranging from ages four to 18.
This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to get involved with one of Ireland’s oldest established Irish league clubs at Youth level and to assist us in our aims to build our already well-established academy programme.
– A dynamic, hardworking, and enthusiastic individual.
– Excellent communication skills
– Committed to being a team player
The successful applicant will:
Oversee and liaise with all academy coaches as required.
Lead, manage and work alongside a five-person academy committee in order to:
- Ensure smooth running of all teams across the Academy spectrum.
- Ensure that all players are correctly registered with the Irish Football Association.
- Ensure that all player subscriptions are in order.
- Ensure that all players and coaches adhere to the club code of conduct and that they all have access to suitable club attire as requested.
- Ensure that at all times all coaches are Access NI checked and first aid trained.
- Ensure that suitable training facilities are available for all teams.
- Ensure open and effective communication with the parents or guardians of academy players.
- Support building relationships through networking with local football clubs, primary schools, colleges, youth groups, churches etc to facilitate player pathways and opportunities. Engaging with the local community to build support and foster positive relationships.
- Oversee any disciplinary issues that arise for the club whether that be with players, coaches or parents and will deal with them accordingly.
- Assist with teams who are wishing to enter regional tournaments as required.
- Assist in the growth of promotion of the academy through various mediums both digital and non-digital.
- Assist in the development of fund raising and sponsorship opportunities within the academy.
Please note that as this is a managerial position there is no requirement for the successful individual to deliver coach development training however if you are qualified to do this and would like to be involved in this aspect then the club will support you in your aspirations.
All applicants will be expected to be fully compliant wiith the relevant safeguarding measures to work with young people.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this post should mail their your CV to LDFCSecretary@virginmedia.com no later than the 14th October 2023